We are halfway through November (re: Christmas is just a few weeks away). This means we need to start gift planning and sorting out our own wish list. It’s a difficult task but don’t panic just yet. Here are some ideas to help you get through this grueling task. LOL
1. Scratch Off Map for your travel junkie friend. I’m sure you have one.
2. Twinkle Lights for the princess. Or the Pinterest fanatic.
3. A sweatshirt for your sporty man-friend. Get it from ASOS.
4. An espresso machine for the coffee aficionado.
5. Or that someone who likes tea better. They come in a cute box too.
6. An ebook reader for the techie bookworm.
7. For the dapper guy who has impeccable taste in everything. Or someone who has none. Like zero. This MIGHT help. LOL.
8. For the pet lover because there’s always room for more cuteness.
9. The chef wannabe who desperately needs Gordon’s help.
10. Or be lazy and gift them with online vouchers. It’s the thought that counts, right?
Happy gift hunting!
As Doha transitions to cooler weather, a wardrobe change is in order. Now is the time to take your coats and jumpers out from wherever you’re keeping them so you’ll be ready once the temperature drops.
I’m a Manila boy so I didn’t invest in cold weather garbs before coming here but since Qatar winters are not like Canada’s, a sweater or a light jacket will suffice. If you don’t have one yet, a jean jacket would be a nice addition to your clothes arsenal. It’s light, casual and Doha weather appropriate which means layering is possible without the worry of looking and feeling stuffy.
Denim is made of cotton so you know it can breathe and can be dyed in a wide range of colors. It comes in different thickness too so depending on how you can tolerate the cold is just a matter of preference. In terms of styling, denim clothing is versatile. You can even wear this material to work! Like this for example:
Eidos Slim-Fit Unstructured Herringbone Denim Blazer at Mr. Porter
Personally, I like the distressed (not extreme though) look as the frays and abrasions exude more character—it has that lived-in vibe (without looking beggarly) that I really love.
The Classic. Levi’s Distressed Denim Jacket at Mr. Porter
How about these trucker jackets?
Did I inspire you to get one? I know I did. =)